New updates and improvements to the Genoverse
Below are some of the items the Genopets team has worked on over the past few weeks. We’re pulling back the curtain to show you, fellow Genovians, what goes into making a game.
Note: items below, unless noted, are not final. Most things we share in Status Reports include early renderings, prototypes, or explorations, so please keep that in mind when sharing thoughts.
Moving and Grooving—More Milestones Completed🔥
It feels like just yesterday we were announcing the newest Road To… and look where we are now—3 milestones down! Augment Stats and Home V2 shipped with the latest app update—v0.7.0—and we’re already working hard on Streaks.
Do you want to refresh your knowledge of what's left in Phase II? Read up here. Want to better understand the decision to split Battle into two parts and how it will impact the Genoverse? Read up here.
Another One—App Update v0.7.0 Has Been Released🎉
Are you on the latest build? If not, fix that real quick—you won’t want to miss out on any of our newly released features!
A Fresh New Look
The Launch of Augment Stats
You can now see the details of how each Augment impacts your Genopet’s base stats, allowing you to prepare for the launch of Step Battles and the full Battle feature later in Phase II and the beginning of Phase III.
We showed you a sneak peek of this picture-perfect feature in the last Status Report. Now you can experience it for yourself 📸
Dynamic Deferred Link + Search for The Genodex
Exploring the Genoverse is now easier than ever. No more hunting through endless lists—use dynamic deferred links to send friends directly to your page of the Genodex and use the search function to look up Genopets by name.
A Mood Update
Love, Nutrition, and Joy comprise a Genopet’s mood. Now in the latest release when your Genopet is in a good mood you’ll get extra Energy when you bank your steps. To make it simple to know when you’re getting a bonus, we introduced a simpler chart that clearly displays whether your pet is happy, neutral, or sad, along with a corresponding multiplier boost. On the home screen, you will have a visual representation next to your Genopet's name, allowing you to easily stay informed about their current emotional state.
To learn more about the newly released features, check out Explore the Exciting New Features in Update v0.7.0!
Don’t Neglect Your Genopet—Get Extra Energy When You Bank Your Steps
The Mood Multiplier is LIVE🚨 Here’s what you need to know:
What is the Mood Multiplier? It’s a factor used to determine your Genopet's Step Efficiency. You can think of it like the fuel your Genopet has to convert Energy. From here on out, Energy conversion isn't just about your Genopet's level. The Mood Multiplier will also hold sway.
How is the Mood Multiplier determined? It is determined by your Genopet's Nurture Rings. There are 3 possible outcomes that can be applied to determine how much Energy your Genopet converts.
1️⃣ +5%—Nurture Rings average GREEN
2️⃣ 0%—Nurture Rings average YELLOW
3️⃣ -50%—Nurture Rings average RED
What’s the takeaway? NURTURE your Genopet BEFORE you bank your steps. If your Nurture Rings aren't green, you're losing out on Energy you could be using to Level Up, play Feed and Fetch, Harvest KI, or save up for the release of Battle.
Last week, we also updated the Mood calculation based on the community feedback. The update makes Love, Nutrition, and Joy evenly balanced at 200 points each, thus making it easier to know when your pet is in a good mood.
A few other highlights:
- Wondering exactly how your Genopet is feeling? They’ll be sure to let you know when pet expressions launch 🤩
- #FreeBabyFridays continue on our Twitter. Don’t throw away your chances to win a free BTC Baby!
- You spoke and we heard you! Last week we implemented Energy costs for taking Nurture actions, a small energy cost when Feeding or Playing Fetch. However, based on feedback on the server and our internal testing, we’ve rolled back the Energy requirement for now. We had a few bugs in the implementation and realized we hadn’t communicated the framework for Energy costs before the launch well enough. We are reviewing the spec, testing, and will update the whitepaper and announce costs before considering implementation again.
- The updated home screen is new to you, but we’re already working on making it even better! In future updates expected to experience:
- Reduced time between Genopets Menu button and the first tile
- Reduced time between the Settings Menu button and the first tile
- Reduced time for Steps Menu button Intro
- An added Arcade Mode
- Get ready for an updated banking experience 🌟
- Wondering about the process behind designing and launching new features? Check out this behind-the-scenes look at the creation of Augmentation Stats
- Tons of work has already been done in preparation for the launch of Step Battles, including defining and documenting how Genesis and standard Augments affect race stats and developing the equation for how an Augment Stat + Steps Banked determines the winner
- Speaking of Step Battles, check out how the Step Battle carousel will function so you can enter multiple races at once
As a reminder, this is just a small sample of what we’ve been up to over the past few weeks. There’s a lot more in store, so follow along on Discord and Twitter to stay in the loop. Till next time.
— Team Genopets
● ● ●
Summon your Genopet and start moving to begin exploring and evolving together. Stay tuned for future updates, and join the conversation in our community channels below. See you in the Genoverse!
It’s time to step up your game. Genopets is the world’s first Free-to-Play, Move-to-Play NFT mobile game, making it fun and rewarding to live an active lifestyle. A Genopet is your digital pet whose evolution and growth are inextricably linked to your own. The steps you take every day power your journey through the Genoverse as you explore, battle, and evolve — earning crypto while you play.
Join the Genopets Community
Private Beta Sign Up: https://genopets.me/
This post and all other materials provided by us are subject to this Notice (“Notice”). Please familiarize yourself with the terms of the Notice, as it contains important information, limitations, and disclaimers regarding Genopets and our Genoverse and digital assets, forward-looking statements, and other representations and warranties from you in accordance with the digital assets. By accessing Genopets, the Genoverse, the digital assets, or any of our material, you accept and agree to the terms of this Notice. The sale of tokens is not available to U.S. Persons (as defined by Regulation S under the Securities Act of 1933) or to persons located in a sanctioned country as provided by OFAC.