New updates and improvements to the Genoverse
Below are some of the items the Genopets team has worked on over the past few weeks. We’re pulling back the curtain to show you, fellow Genovians, what goes into making a game.
Note: items below, unless noted, are not final. Most things we share in Status Reports include early renderings, prototypes, or explorations, so please keep that in mind when sharing thoughts.
Make sure to mint! — Community Challenge announced for the Treasure Hunt 🍾
We’re already in week two of another memorable Genopets Treasure Hunt. They say you can’t teach a new dog new tricks, but you CAN teach them to Genopets — this hunt relies on some of the schemes from last time with many new twists and turns.
And though the pot is already extremely sweet — filled with the chance to win a limited edition Legendary Augment and color-changing crystals — the Genopets team is ready to add even more sugar. We challenged the community that if they hit certain minting milestones each week, then we’d up the prize pool.
Dying to increase drop rates or add more limited edition augments to the prize pool? Remind your friends to mint 🤩
Get ready to show off your true colors — Color-changing crystal tests are underway 🌈
It’s no secret that everyone had hopes for what their Genopet would look like when they hatched — what ears they’d have and what colors they’d be. Some of us jumped for joy when our baby appeared, and some said, “oh my gosh, it’s so cute, but….”
Well, the Genoverse has your back, and augments aren’t the only way to change your Genopet’s appearance. You will also be able to craft chroma crystals — Adsynth, Subsynth, and Lume — that will change the colors of your pet.
Have a look for yourself 👀
Need a boost? — Energy Boost Item Art is ready for in-game use
Whether you struggle to remember to bank your steps, your Genopet is at a lower level, or you just want to be OP at Genopets, you’ll want to get your hands on Energy Boosts.
You’ll be able to craft these items or buy them on marketplaces — if anyone would rather sell them than use them. And you’ll definitely want to if you don’t have a Genesis Genopet — remember, Genesis owners receive a 10% Energy Boost in every bank.
A few other highlights:
- Some of you may be lucky enough to walk away with one of these beauties in the Treasure Hunt. As Adsynth Chroma Crystals, when applied to your Genopet they’ll change the primary color of your pet
- It’s safe to say that crafting will be an EXPERIENCE. Here’s a sneak peek of the laboratory animations for crafting
- V1 sound effects for Feeding and Fetching games are already off to a great start. Next, we’ll be adding background music, sounds as the items fly through the air, and adding more drama to the success sounds
- Once again, we’re taking your Genopet’s Habitat to the next level — check out the improvements we’ve made to the sky
- Our Art team has been cranking out Enemy concepts. The left image gives shape to Envy, and the right their positive counterparts called The Content
- Even in sketch form, Kairos looks powerful and regal AF
- Stage 6 non-genesis augments are in the works. Check out some of the finished wings and tails you’ll be able to craft if they aren’t part of your Genopet’s natural evolution
- The team has also been working hard on special augments. Check out 3D modeling for a stage 5 Antennae in the bug series
- We don’t know about your Genopets, but ours are dreaming of lounging in their Habitats and being hand-fed these grapes
- MMMMmmm…..tastes like chicken
- We banned users who were caught multi-accounting or bragging about cheating
- Our dev team worked with solanaFM to implement new pagination behavior/feature
- Updated Habitat Management so that decayed habitats don’t show as options when assigning a subhabitat
- In alignment with our latest Game Mechanics update, we adjusted XP for all pets to the new XP curve progression
As a reminder, this is just a small sample of what we’ve been up to over the past few weeks. There’s a lot more in store, so follow along on Discord and Twitter to stay in the loop. Till next time.
— Team Genopets
● ● ●
Summon your Genopet and start moving to begin exploring and evolving together. Stay tuned for future updates, and join the conversation in our community channels below. See you in the Genoverse!
It’s time to step up your game. Genopets is the world’s first Free-to-Play, Move-to-Earn NFT mobile game, making it fun and rewarding to live an active lifestyle. A Genopet is your digital pet whose evolution and growth are inextricably linked to your own. The steps you take everyday power your journey through the Genoverse as you explore, battle, and evolve — earning crypto while you play.
Join the Genopets Community
Private Beta Sign Up: https://genopets.me/
This post and all other materials provided by us are subject to this notice (“Notice”). Please familiarize yourself with the terms of the Notice, as it contains important information, limitations, and disclaimers regarding Genopets and our Genoverse and digital assets, forward-looking statements, and other representations and warranties from you in accordance with the digital assets. By accessing Genopets, the Genoverse, the digital assets, or any of our material, you accept and agree to the terms of this Notice. The sale of tokens is not available to U.S. Persons (as defined by Regulation S under the Securities Act of 1933) or to persons located in a sanctioned country as provided by OFAC.