New updates and improvements to the Genoverse
Below are some of the items the Genopets team has worked on over the past few weeks. We’re pulling back the curtain to show you, fellow Genovians, what goes into making a game.
Note: items below, unless noted, are not final. Most things we share in Status Reports include early renderings, prototypes, or explorations, so please keep that in mind when sharing thoughts.
Treasure Hunt, Game Mechanics & State of the Game — This week’s Town Hall had it all!
Missed the live stream? Watch it here
Dust off your detective skills — A new Genopets Treasure Hunt starts Tuesday October 4th @ 8am PT/3pm UTC!
- The Treasure Hunt is open for anyone to play, regardless of if you have a Habitat or an invite to the game, on Mainframe
- There are NO LIMITS as to how many winners a puzzle can have
- For every puzzle you complete, you’ll be able to mint one of the missing pages from Alkali’s Crafting Notebook. You’ll need a little bit of sol for gas and 180 KI for each mint
- Collect 5 pages (one from each week) and redeem them to get access to a Legendary Crafting Lab where you can combine Crystals, KI, & GENE to craft a random mystery item
- Items include the first-ever LEGENDARY AUGMENT in the Genoverse, which will never be craftable again, and other never-before-minted items
Fun Facts & Tips
- The Legendary Augment from the Treasure Hunt will have a MAX supply of 300 and will never be able to be created again. This makes it one of the rarest items to ever exist in the game to date
- All craftable items are never-before-minted SFTs of different rarities.
- What are Augments? Read more here
- Want to increase your chances of crafting the Legendary Augment? Mint each week’s notebook page multiple times — remember, each mint will cost you an additional 180KI + gas. Then, have enough sets of pages (1–5), Crystals, KI & GENE* to craft as many times as you want
*We’ll announce crafting costs ahead of the finale
Move it or lose it — Use your energy to level up before Monday!
As part of the next game mechanics update, we’re making higher-level Genopets more OP. Not only will they look more badass, but they will get more energy for every step.
How does that affect you? On Monday, the energy conversion curve will be adjusted, meaning any unused energy you’ve banked will be reduced to match the new curve.
So what should you do? Use all of your energy before Monday to level up your pet and harvest KI.
More details in the Discord Announcement.
Crafting, Battle & Habitats — some of the most exciting updates from State of the Game
At the Town Hall, Ben walked the community through the wild progress we have been making. Some of the most exciting insights included:
Crafting — Check out what crafting will look like in these new laboratory designs. What crystals & reagents will you try to alchemize?
Battle — We know how badly you all want to explore battle in the Genoverse, so we took a screenshot of Ben’s screen before he hid this. Get a sneak peek at how physical you’ll have to be to defend your Genopet against attacks
Habitats — Once again, we are taking Habitats to the next level. To bring more realism and depth to your Genopet’s home, we’ve animated a gentle breeze that allows the grass to flow in the wind
A few other highlights:
- To make sure you and your pet are always on the same page, we’ve been updating our pet emotion animations
- This bad little birdie went from sketching to vectorization to full 3D design. We can’t wait to use it to play badminton with our Genopets
- Fun fact: Genopets love playing with knot toys just as much as dogs
- Make sure to get this Toy Teether for your baby Genopet
- Got milk? The Genoverse sure does. P.S. check out how detailed our art team is! They even added a label with nutritional facts 🤩
- Is your baby Genopet a picky eater? Just tell them Dragon Fruit will give them dragon powers…works every time 😉
- This Genovian strawberry looks BERRY delicious, don’t you agree?
- Stage 1 and Stage 2 Genesis and Non-Genesis augments were turned into line art for the app. How amazing are these? The amount of detail is mind-boggling
- Check out this enemy concept one of our artists saw in a dream: Nanobot Soul Container, like a ghost wrapped in a mechanical suit. We don’t know about you, but we are shaking in fear, and these are just drawings…😰
- Our engineers have been working tirelessly on crafting, implementing the same contract for the recipe hunt as the general crafting contract so we can get it to you quicker.
- We have been approved by Google Fit! Our devs are working fast and furious to implement it in the upcoming build
- Cheat detection: we have implemented an automated banning system that automatically analyzes players’ steps
As a reminder, this is just a small sample of what we’ve been up to over the past few weeks. There’s a lot more in store, so follow along on Discord and Twitter to stay in the loop. Till next time.
— Team Genopets
● ● ●
Summon your Genopet and start moving to begin exploring and evolving together. Stay tuned for future updates, and join the conversation in our community channels below. See you in the Genoverse!
It’s time to step up your game. Genopets is the world’s first Free-to-Play, Move-to-Earn NFT mobile game, making it fun and rewarding to live an active lifestyle. A Genopet is your digital pet whose evolution and growth are inextricably linked to your own. The steps you take everyday power your journey through the Genoverse as you explore, battle, and evolve — earning crypto while you play.
Join the Genopets Community
Private Beta Sign Up: https://genopets.me/
This post and all other materials provided by us are subject to this Notice (“Notice”). Please familiarize yourself with the terms of the Notice, as it contains important information, limitations, and disclaimers regarding Genopets and our Genoverse and digital assets, forward-looking statements, and other representations and warranties from you in accordance with the digital assets. By accessing Genopets, the Genoverse, the digital assets, or any of our material, you accept and agree to the terms of this Notice. The sale of tokens is not available to U.S. Persons (as defined by Regulation S under the Securities Act of 1933) or to persons located in a sanctioned country as provided by OFAC.