New updates and improvements to the Genoverse
Below are some of the items the Genopets team has worked on over the past few weeks. We’re pulling back the curtain to show you, fellow Genovians, what goes into making a game.
Note: most items below, unless noted, are not final. Many things that we share in Status Reports will include early renderings, prototypes, or explorations so please keep that in mind when sharing thoughts.
Bringing new meaning to “building in public” — Ben and Jay QA Habitat Management live
A major question on everyone’s mind is “wen habitat management?” and trust us, we’re working tirelessly to get it to you ASAP. That’s why we gave you all a look behind the emerald curtain with our live walkthrough of Habitat Management on Mainframe.
If you weren’t able to tune in live, no worries! Check out the recording
And for those of you who want to manage your habitats anywhere, anytime, have no fear. Here’s a sneak peek of our UI designs for Habitat Management in-app.
Genopets new flex? Samsung Next invested in us!
We announced the huge news that Samsung Next has invested in Genopets! To learn more about why Samsung needed in, check out their article here.
New items. New abilities. More control — Reagents are coming
A key component of crafting is coming to life! Reagents allow you to control the type of item you get. Use a horn reagent to get a horn augment. Use a wing reagent to get a wing augment. Etc etc. Check out the colorized reagent sketches our art team has conjured so far.
A few other highlights:
- Time to start training like Rocky. Initial UI/UX mockups for battle have been designed, which means your Genopet is one step closer to throwing hands 🥊
- A new toy! Bet your Genopet is going to love some play sessions with this one
- Here’s a sneak peek at early concept art for Kairos, a character you’ll soon become very familiar with in the Genoverse
- I don’t know about you, but we will for sure be decking our Genopets with these 🔥 augments once they’ve come to life
- Ever wondered what more of the process looks like to get from sketches to final designs? Our art and animation teams get extremely specific about perfecting even the smallest details so that your pets will always look 💯
- At Genopets, we’re not just about building a badass game; we’re about designing badass UI. Here is a peek at some awesome UI animations you can expect to see in later app updates
- Did you catch our updated Economic Flywheel in the updated Introducing Genopets article on our Medium this week? If you’re new to the community or have been around the block, check out that article for a good overview of everything Genopets! Here are all the ways you’ll be playing and earning with those steps:
- We pushed out a new update on Testflight that included: fixing several stability issues, improving the conversion screen experience, enhanced cheat detection, UI enhancements, a default of Google Fit with fallback to Genopets pedometer, 3D models being hosted remotely to make stage 2 Genopets possible
- Jay participated in a talk about building a sustainable Move-To-Earn GameFi Economy at DCentral! Check it out
As a reminder, this is just a small sample of what we’ve been up to over the past few weeks. There’s a lot more in store before open beta, so follow along on Discord and Twitter to stay in the loop. Till next time.
— Team Genopets
● ● ●
Summon your Genopet and start moving to begin exploring and evolving together. Stay tuned for future updates, and join the conversation in our community channels below. See you in the Genoverse!
It’s time to step up your game. Genopets is the world’s first Free-to-Play, Move-to-Earn NFT mobile game, making it fun and rewarding to live an active lifestyle. A Genopet is your digital pet whose evolution and growth are inextricably linked to your own. The steps you take everyday power your journey through the Genoverse as you explore, battle, and evolve — earning crypto while you play.
Join the Genopets Community
Private Beta Sign Up: https://genopets.me/
This post and all other materials provided by us are subject to this Notice (“Notice”). Please familiarize yourself with the terms of the Notice, as it contains important information, limitations, and disclaimers regarding Genopets and our Genoverse and digital assets, forward-looking statements, and other representations and warranties from you in accordance with the digital assets. By accessing Genopets, the Genoverse, the digital assets, or any of our material, you accept and agree to the terms of this Notice. The sale of tokens is not available to U.S. Persons (as defined by Regulation S under the Securities Act of 1933) or to persons located in a sanctioned country as provided by OFAC.