New updates and improvements to the Genoverse
Below are some of the items the Genopets team has worked on over the past few weeks. We’re pulling back the curtain to show you, fellow Genovians, what goes into making a game.
Note: most items below, unless noted, are not final. Many things that we share in Status Reports will include early renderings, prototypes, or explorations so please keep that in mind when sharing thoughts.
Get competitive — the Leaderboard is live in the app (iOS & Android)
See how you rank both personally and against the community. Personal daily step goals have been added to the app. You can now challenge yourself to walk more while competing against the community. Just note, there are some people with superhuman abilities who are “breaking” the leaderboard for us. Don’t be afraid to run your race at your own pace.
Can you solve the last puzzle? — Over 20,000 crystals have been claimed in the Treasure Hunt
Thousands have been testing their cognitive and creative abilities with our epic 6-week treasure hunt made for everyone in the Genopets community. Our team spent weeks designing and developing a first-of-its-kind Play-To-Mint experience to make minting Genesis Habitats an experience like no other. Learn more about the hunt here.
Do a happy dance — Your Genopets now move in app (iOS & Android)
Let there be life! Genopets are static no more. Players can now interact with their pets on a new level. Watch how excited they get the next time you bank your steps.
A few other highlights:
- All registered genesis pet holders have been invited to the beta! If you have a pet and need help getting in, reach out to a community mod on Discord
- New 3-part bank button with step goals, XP & mini-XP bars
- 3D portal renders are polished for our upcoming habitat release
- Moving baby pets aka “Cutie Patooties” are fully rendered
- Stage 5 genesis bodies have gone through high poly rendering
- Imagine the Genoverse with some of our newly created lore art
- Set rules for various structure heights in Genesis habitats
- Developed text scrambler animations for the app
- New cliff generation and detection for habitats
- Added ability for users to change their preferred email on web
- Integrated wallet connection for the treasure hunt
- Merged: Leaderboard and step bank out of sync
- Users are now able to reset step goals whenever they want
- Completed QA on v0.1 of our mainframe
- Created pre-loader for mainframe
- Implemented health API on iOS
- Finalized iOS unit tests
As a reminder, this is just a small sample of what we’ve been up to over the past few weeks. There’s a lot more in store before open beta, so follow along on Discord and Twitter to stay in the loop. Till next time.
— Team Genopets
● ● ●
Summon your Genopet and start moving to begin exploring and evolving together. Stay tuned for future updates, and join the conversation in our community channels below. See you in the Genoverse!
It’s time to step up your game. Genopets is the world’s first Free-to-Play, Move-to-Earn NFT mobile game, making it fun and rewarding to live an active lifestyle. A Genopet is your digital pet whose evolution and growth are inextricably linked to your own. The steps you take everyday power your journey through the Genoverse as you explore, battle, and evolve — earning crypto while you play.
Join the Genopets Community
Private Beta Sign Up: https://genopets.me/
This post and all other materials provided by us are subject to this Notice (“Notice”). Please familiarize yourself with the terms of the Notice, as it contains important information, limitations, and disclaimers regarding Genopets and our Genoverse and digital assets, forward-looking statements, and other representations and warranties from you in accordance with the digital assets. By accessing Genopets, the Genoverse, the digital assets, or any of our material, you accept and agree to the terms of this Notice. The sale of tokens is not available to U.S. Persons (as defined by Regulation S under the Securities Act of 1933) or to persons located in a sanctioned country as provided by OFAC.